Reviews of Villa Giusi
Self catering accommodation in Praiano, Amalfi Coast, Italy
August 2023 - Perfect stay! Thank you!
Summer In Italy was great!
Absolutely beautiful place to stay
June 2023 - Absolutely beautiful place to stay. Pool was great for kids and as a relaxing dip to escape the heat for us. The terrace was amazing - nice shade and lemon trees. Just beautiful!
Everything was perfect! We will return
June 2023 - Everything was perfect! Everything we requested, asked, or needed was not only answered but was above and beyond!!! We will return. Cannot explain the views! We were happy we did not stay in the crowded Positano which was not far to drive or boat ride to.
Hosts were the best!
Luca made the entire process easy and trustworthy. He along with everyone at Summer In Italy assisted us with everything!
- Restaurant Il Pirata has great food and the location is gorgeous.
- Do a boat rental for sure!
- You do lots of walking.
- Private drivers are great and not really expensive!
August 2022 - Villa Giusi is just perfect! Praiano is not too much crowded compared to other places around. The villa is very nice and clean. Very comfortable inside and outside. The pool make the difference when the weather is hot. I recommend it highly.
The villa was amazing, more than we expected
June 2022 - We were 5 adults staying at the Villa Giusi and we loved it. The villa was beautiful with very tasteful decor. We lounged around the small but lovely pool in the mornings. The area is quite and peaceful and the views are amazing. The villa was clean and we had a washing machine we made use of.
It's a nice walk to the main road with restaurants, and a few shops. There are quite a few steps to get to the villa however we found another way round which was slightly longer but easier.
Paolo our host was accommodating and left us to our own devises but was on hand if we needed him.
Summer In Italy are so good, they answer all your enquiries quickly and professionally and they reassure you. This is our 3rd booking and I have just booked with them again for next year. Oh and their English is very good too. Grazie Summer In Italy.
- We ate at some lovely restaurants: the Restaurant La Moressa where you can sit on the terrace and is near to the villa, Hotel Margherita restaurant where our party had an amazing meal also near the villa. Had a nice breakfast near the Mini Market Tutto Per Tutti in a cafe called La Posteria :). At the pizzeria on the main high road near the big church we had really nice pizza's. Had wonderful cocktails - the best Pina Colada ever! - at the Cafe Mirante run by a lovely family, on the way down, or up, from the beach going down from the big church.
- Try to avoid the beaches at the weekend they get very busy.
- Visiting Ravello is a must, but beware the buses coming back down get very busy so go earlier in the morning and come back straight after lunch to miss the bus panic, you can share taxi's though from the taxi rank. Visit Villa Cimbrone gardens in Ravello.
- We love going to Positano which is a bus ride on either a Sita bus from the main road or one of the local smaller mobility buses which you can get outside the Mini Market Tutto Per Tutti. Purchase your bus tickets before from a tabacco shop on the high road.
We would ABSOLUTELY stay again
September 2021 - We had the most amazing time at Villa Giusi! The terrace is wonderful with green area, trees, pool, and chairs. And the view... Oh, the view!
The location was terrific for us. Close to town as well as the little market. A few restaurants were close, but we liked best a restaurant near the cathedral, which wasn't too far away. We would ABSOLUTELY stay again.
We had a great experience and would absolutely rent with Summer In Italy again.
- There is a little market very nearby that is handy and a restaurant even closer with an amazing view from outdoor seating.
October 2019 - What a wonderful place to stay at.
I would recommend this place to anyone who is visiting Praiano.
It was fantastic!
September 2019 - Absolutely loved the house. The views were amazing, beds were comfortable, it was absolutely perfect. So nice after out walking to come back and take a dip in the pool!
It was fantastic!
Everything was perfect with Summer In Italy. Thank you for making the trip so memorable.
- We took a day trip with Paolo (host) on his boat and it was the highlight of the trip. He was so accommodating and helpful.
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The house was perfect for us - quiet, clean, plenty of space for the teenagers to relax
July 2019 - We have just returned from a glorious holiday in this idyllic town. The house was perfect for us - quiet, clean, plenty of space for the teenagers to relax.
Shop just down the road and a handful of really good restaurants in easy walking distance. It was perfect for us. And the view from the villa was breathtaking. We loved our evening visits from the geckos too! The villa and area felt safe and I am usually quite a nervous mother but I wasn’t worried here.
Service from Summer In Italy was outstanding. Very responsive to my questions and very professional. I felt like I had a personal service and that they really cared about our holiday. I will definitely recommend them to my friends and family.
Carmel, New York
Everything was wonderful!
July 2019 - Everything was wonderful! The view was spectacular, the house lovely, but spent all our time outside except to sleep. Each room had ac which was a help. The pool was a comfort after we came home from walks or shopping especially after climbing so many stairs! Enjoyed my coffee every morning looking at a spectacular view and listening to the church bells.
We were meet by Paolo [the owner] who helped bring our bags to the house (there were quite a few) and we entered paradise.
Summer In Italy was so helpful and easy to deal with. Always kept in contact and keeps you up-to-date on everything. I would definitely use them again for my next Italy trip. Thank you for making our family vacation a memorable one!
- Restaurant La Moressa was great to grab something to eat and drink when we first arrived and was waiting for market to open.
- Mini Market Tutto Per Tutti had everything and was fabulous! Try the new label white wine for EUR 4 it was amazing.
- Had drinks at the Holiday Hotel which had a fantastic view and their staff was so helpful and accommodating to us even though we were not staying there.
- Restaurant Il Pirata for dinner is a must and walk to Vettica to enjoy some shops and Restaurant La Strada for dinner.
- Grab the bus at the Holiday Hotel (can buy tickets there also) to Positano for the day and enjoy all the shops there.
- Don't forget to find Bob ART in Praiano - great little store.
- Just remember to wear good comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking down and up stairs!!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
We absolutely adored every minute
May 2019 - We absolutely adored every minute at Villa Giusi. It was the perfect size for our group of 5 friends. The layout was ideal to afford privacy when one needed some and the outdoor space truly became our common living area. Oh and the views... These were spectacular.
The location was ideally situated a few steps from Restaurant La Moressa and a few more steps down to Tutto Per Tutti grocery store.
Although the kitchen was a bit on the small side, we did prepare a few meals there to enjoy on the terrace. It was a welcome treat to return home each evening to Villa Giusi (or spend an entire day lounging in the sun under the lemon grove).
The owner was fantastic and available through WhatsApp the entire duration of our stay.
From the moment I started looking at properties in the Amalfi Coast, the team at Summer In Italy was extremely helpful and easy to work with. They were responsive to my questions and provided great recommendations also.
- Our group did not venture too far during our week in Praiano. We explored Praiano and Positano primarily.
- On one day, we hired a private boat from Blue Star Positano Boat Tours and Rentals (they met us at Marina di Praia which was in walking distance about 15 minutes down hill) and toured the entire Amalfi Coast. This was a fantastic way to experience the beauty of the area.
- Otherwise, we spent an afternoon shopping in Positano (a beautiful town with many nice shops and restaurants).
- We enjoyed a phenomenal cooking class in Praiano with Sergio's Home Experience. Sergio’s home is located maybe a 10 minute walk from the villa and we had fun preparing a meal and then enjoyed the view over the sea and setting sun with Positano in the distance.
- There were some wonderful pottery shops in Praiano as well that are worth a visit.
- I am so happy that we took the time to stay in Praiano and experience the little village where real people live and work and children go to school... All surrounded by the gorgeous Amalfi Coast.
- Probably one of our best meals in Italy was at Restaurant Kasai in Praiano. Get a reservation! Do not miss this spot!
The place is stunning and the views are breathtaking
April 2019 - Villa Giusi was absolutely incredible.
The place is stunning and the views are breathtaking. The layout of the place is perfect as the bedrooms and bathrooms are conveniently positioned throughout the place.
And above all the hospitality from the owners was beyond our expectation! They were so helpful and genuine and truly made our stay in Praiano unforgettable.
I highly recommend staying at Villa Giusi. It was perfect!
Your hospitality and helpfulness was generous and very appreciated.
- The grocery store Tutto per Tutti is so conveniently located. It takes 2 mins to walk there. Having the grocery store so close also helped make our trip great. The owner of Tutto per Tutti was also lovely.
- The restaurant that is also very close to Villa Giusi has the best pizza. We always got it to go for lunch when our son napped.
Lovely place, awesome owner
March 2019 - Lovely place! Views are spectacular. Outside area is so nice! Inside area is a little small, but that would not be important on a summer day. It was only 55 degrees Fahrenheit when we were there, so unfortunately, we had to eat inside. The eating space is designed to be outside. There is an outdoor sitting area as well as the indoor one.
The owner, Paolo is awesome! His elevator for getting suitcases up the 50 steps is great too. Steps were not a problem. Grocery store is really close.
The villa has top-of-the-line appliances and fixtures. We loved the lemon trees, too! Not sure where else would be better in Praiano. We found Praiano to be quiet, but it was also March!
Very happy with our choice!
Dealing with Summer in Italy is pleasant and I'm happy I booked through them! Their help was great!
- Loved having the grocery store close.
- It is less than a 10 minute walk to the main Amalfi Coast bus stop (Sita Sud) which made travel between towns quite convenient. The local bus is less than a 5 minute walk.
- Restaurants in Praiano were excellent!
Fantastic setting for a very enjoyable stay
July 2018 - Villa Giusi was very enjoyable. It was very clean and a fantastic setting for a very enjoyable stay.
The Summer In Italy crew were fantastic. They were proactive very professional and quickly answered questions despite a time difference. Thank you.
- Tutto per Tutti grocery store (about 2 minute walk down the hill) has a wide range of food and drink shopping options. There are other markets further down the hill but not necessary.
June 2018 - Enjoyed our week at Villa Giusi. It is a beautiful and very comfortable house.
The owner was wonderful. Met us upon arrival and provided all the information needed for our stay. He was also available throughout the stay if needed.
Summer In Italy was a great booking service. It was very easy to work with and all the representatives were very thoughtful.
- Grocery store, pharmacy and an excellent restaurant all within 5 minute walk/staircases.
September 2017 - Good location. Felt more authentically low-key Italian vs tourist mecca Positano. Well equipped with a fair amount of room. Spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. Good outdoor space with a very nice view.
Would definitely consider renting again.
Very pleased with Summer In Italy service.
- The Amalfi Coast is vertical in orientation. Good personal mobility is recommended if not staying in a building serviced by an elevator.
- Great access to a small market with great fresh foods and wine.
- Bus access reasonably close.
- Restaurant choices are better in Positano but transportation is not a problem.
Great villa for a relaxing break
July 2017 - Villa Giusi is a great villa for a relaxing break with the family or friends. Well maintained, modern and clean. Excellent location in the heart of Praiano with shops and restaurants a short walk away. Great sea views. Enjoyed lazy days on the terrace and in the pool.
Everything was well arranged and worked well.
- There will be steep steps up and down from the house every time.
We all loved it!
June 2017 - We all loved Villa Giusi, it was an oasis with an amazing view of the sea.
Thank you for making our stay enjoyable.
Summer In Italy was professional and always kept me informed.
- Be prepared to walk up and down stairs.
September 2016 - We were in Praiano for only three nights, but we enjoyed every second. The villa is lovely, clean, attractively decorated, and having the pool is a great perk.
I admit that when we first arrived, car-less, and confused about where we were and how we were going to take advantage of the coast basically on foot, I was disheartened. The owner pointed us in the direction of a neighborhood market, which was closed for siesta, and it looked drab and unfulfilling. But when the market opened and we discovered it had a fabulous meat/cheese counter and a bountiful wine cellar (yes, a CELLAR!! -- Tutto per Tutti), I was thrilled. And then we walked into town and rented mopeds, and never looked back. It was an amazing three days, zipping around on scooters (I hadn't been on a scooter in nearly 30 years; if I could do it, anyone can do it!), enjoying the villa at sunrise and sunset, and seeing Amalfi and Sorrento up close.
You have a great company. After having some trouble using Airbnb, I was very fortunate to stumble upon your website. Your services were topnotch and I thank you! It can be nerve-racking when you are making overseas plans, Summer in Italy made the experience very comfortable. Thank you!
- We had a driver drop us off and pick us up when entering and leaving town. Everyone says not to rent a car when in Amalfi. I am not sure I agree. We did not, but I did not find the roads to be a treacherous as everyone has claimed, maybe partly because we went slightly off season, at the end of Sept. So: rent a scooter.
- Be prepared to climb lots of stairs.
- Visit the wine shop at Tutto per Tutti.
- If you don't like crowds, stay in Praiano. It was a zillion times more low key that Amalfi and Sorrento. There were not flocks of tourists.
July 2016 - Villa Giusi is a fabulous villa with much needed shade and pool. We loved the quiet situation and the lovely views.
The owner was happy for us to pick the lemons and rocket and basil whenever we wanted.
Summer In Italy were first-rate. Very helpful and not pushy. We would use them again without question.
- Beware a lot of steps but not a problem if you take it the Italian way - slowly.
- Nearby bus is very useful.
St Marys, Georgia
September 2015 - Villa Giusi was exactly as advertised and very enjoyable. A great place to stay in Praiano.
Was happy about the bedrooms with good mattresses and nice bathrooms. While we did no cooking on this trip my only possible critique would be the kitchen could have a few more glasses and utensils.
The owner was attentive and responsive.
I will recommend Summer In Italy to all my friends. Your prompt follow up and attention to details is excellent.
August 2015 - We loved our stay at Villa Giusi.
The villa is well equipped, kitchen is excellent and we cooked several dinners there. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms had lots of hot water. The new pool was also appreciated.
- I was very worried that being on the Amalfi Coast in late July/early August would be crowded and hectic. But the villa was an isle of serenity and Praiano was surprisingly peaceful.
- Tutto per Tutti is the small grocery store just down from the villa. We shopped there every day and enjoyed the experience and the friendly owners.
July 2015 - Villa Giusi is a beautiful villa with the most breathtaking views.
A wonderful place to relax and enjoy the gorgeous views from the beautiful pool area.
Wonderful service provided by Summer In Italy. Any questions I had (and there were numerous!) were answered quickly and efficiently and mostly were very informative.
- The nearby supermarket is very well stocked and has a lovely wine cellar.
- The bus is great for getting around but doesn't really run to the timetable so you just basically have to turn up at the bus stop (which is very close to the villa) and wait.
- Praiano and the surrounding areas are very hilly with lots of steps, this is what makes the Amalfi Coast so beautiful but if you are not very mobile it is probably not the best place for you.
June 2015 - We loved Villa Giusi!
Excellent service from Summer In Italy.
April 2015 - Villa Giusi is a fantastic Villa.
The villa is beautiful inside and out and very clean. We will definitely be back although my parents found the slope and the 49 stairs to access the villa tough, so I wouldn't recommend it for the elderly. The property does host a private baggage lift which was great on arrival and departure as I didn't have to carry the suitcases up the stairs.
The owner Giovanni is a great guy and couldn't be more helpful.
Summer in Italy is a great helpful company. Easy to book with and reasonably priced for the properties on offer. A real no hassle experience. Thanks.
- No need for a car and it is a pain to park. My advise would be to transfer from the airport and use the public transport bus stop very close to the villa.
- Hotel Margherita [just up the hill, pink building] has a great restaurant and you can actually book trips to Capri and various other attractions.
April 2014 - We really enjoyed Villa Giusi. It was modern, very clean, and comfortable. The villa has a beautiful view and every amenity. I would highly recommend it.
The only negative is that it is quite a climb 47 steps - but that is the case with many homes on the Amalfi Coast!
- We hired a driver. We didn't have to worry about parking which is very limited and he was a great guide, as well.
- One of my favorite outings was a trip to Paestum Greek Ruins and a mozzarella factory.
Aquaviva di Nerola
July 2013 - Villa Giusi was very nice. The only problem is the parking if you have a car.
- Parking is a problem especially if you have a medium to large vehicle.
- The small supermarket close by is very good with good wine selection.
- Armandino, a restaurant not far from the villa, in a beautiful spot, is great. Good location to rent a boat for your excursion is in front of Armandino.
June 2013 - Villa Giusi was fantastic!
Enter dates to see price:
- SAFE ONLINE BOOKING
- Best price guarantee
- Payment protection
- Inspected property
- Verified owner