Reviews of Villa Alisea
Self catering villa in Ischia, Italy
New York, NY
Beautiful and comfortable villa
June 2022 - A beautiful villa, stunning views, great outdoor spaces. Very comfortable for 6 couples, plenty of privacy and a super location with lots to walk to.
It was very easy to book and coordinate with your team. Would not hesitate to use your services again! We loved meeting the owners, really nice people!
- Bus stops nearby, wonderful restaurants within walking distance. Beautiful beaches close by.
June 2022 - We absolutely loved the location of Villa Alisea and the beautiful gardens and fantastic view. The BBQ space is idyllic. We had a very good time as a group of 12.
The villa owner was polite and efficient.
Very happy with Summer In Italy.
- It is best to buy meat for the BBQ from a butchery in Forio. Also much better to go grocery shopping in Forio.
- We used Antonio as our taxi contact the whole week and he was great (the owner has his number).
- Poseidon Gardens Thermal Park is definitely worth it in our view.
- We also loved wine tasting and a boat trip around the island.
- We had a very nice sunset dinner at Restaurant Oasis which is walking distance.
Felt like being in a small paradise!
October 2021 - Yes, we very much enjoyed our stay and we felt like being in a small paradise!
We will definitively recommend this place to friends and other future guests. In fact, we already did!
Communication worked very well with Summer In Italy! The place (Villa Alisea) and your agency were both recommended us by friends.
- Small shops are close by, larger supermarket can be reached is 20 min by foot.
With small children one has to be very careful, because some outdoor stairs and one terrace lack any banisters, and the pool is easily accessible, so unobserved small children can fall in.
[Yes, indeed -- future guests, it goes without saying that it is important that the children are supervised by an adult at all times.]
October 2021 - The accommodation, and especially the view, is amazing.
Wonderful villa suitable for a large group vacation
November 2019 - Wonderful villa, very well integrated in the surrounding nature and in a magical position with a view over Punta Imperatore and Poseidon gardens.
Given its structure it is very suitable for a large group vacation, because you can be together despite having your own privacy, plus each bedroom has a dedicated bathroom.
Splendid pool filled with thermal water (and sauna!) and magical round stone large table overlooking the sea.
The kitchen is beautiful and spacious, it could perhaps be refurbished and, for short stays, maybe equipped with minimal amounts of dish detergent, etc.
Overall, an unforgettable place where I hope to return in the future!
September 2019 - Lovely villa with a great swimming pool and view over the bay (beautiful sunsets).
The check-in process was very smooth and the owner replied promptly to all questions. Grazie!
We enjoyed our holiday very much!
July 2018 - We enjoyed our holiday very much! The location and the permanent see view were great. Our holiday was really great and relaxing. Our group would like to come here again.
The communication with the property owner worked very well.
Had a great stay
June 2018 - We were a group of 11 adults who had a great stay at Villa Alisea. The view from the villa is amazing!
About 10 minutes walk to the beach, and a few minutes to the nearest mini markets and restaurants.
- I recommend getting on the bus to Serrara Fontana and make the easy hike up to Monte Epomeo.
- Catch a bus down to Sant'Angelo on the way down for a lunch and a swim!
A fabulous time had by all
June 2018 - A fabulous time had by all - 7 adults and one nearly 2yr old. Very spacious inside and out....
We especially loved the barbecue area with the huge table and Lazy Susan - the views were superlative. The pool is on the upper terrace which meant our toddler was more easily kept an eye on in the downstairs garden. Lots of night time lighting added to the ambiance and sipping GandT's in the wonderful lit pool late in the evenings was wonderful!
The owner Alessandra was easily contactable and responded to any requests very quickly - her staff were equally helpful.
Summer In Italy were wonderful to deal with (second time for us) and were endlessly patient and helpful.
- No welcome pack so we had to buy all the basics inc. cleaning cloths/dishwasher tabs/paper towel - and subsequently leave a lot behind. Take what you can!
- As others have said there are a few handy shops nearby.
- Temps were unusually high for the time of year and we all got mosquito bites - bring mosquito repellent.
- It was too hot to do some of the trips we had planned with a toddler in tow but boat trips to other nearby island were great and Ischia itself has lots to see.
Excellent choice for our group
July 2017 - Villa Alisea was an excellent choice for our group. The view was amazing. Location is okay. Easy to walk down to beach but getting back up is a different story, we used taxi (20€ for 10 persons). But after all it was an amazing place and would definitely recommend this for groups.
Summer In Italy have an excellent service. When I'll come back to Italy I’ll contact you for sure. Thank you very much for everything.
- There are a couple of small shops nearby and a bar. These are closed from 14:00 to 17:00.
- If you need a supermarket take a bus or a taxi.
- Rent a boat and go around the island. Best you can do for sure.
A fabolous time
July 2017 - We had a fabulous time!!! Six big bedrooms, lots of space inside and especially outside, volcanic sauna and pool(!), short walk down to the beach, and lots of shops just a 2 minute walk away. Fabulous.
- Review says the property is down a few steps which it is but there are probably only about 60 over 200 m and it is very, very manageable!
- To walk to the beach we just went down the main road (not the secret stairs which are smelly and a bit strange) which has lots of shops and things to see.
- It is a stepped house so 'upstairs' and downstairs are accessible from the paths. And upstairs and downstairs are not connected by internal stairs so you might not like having very young kids upstairs if you are downstairs.
- New gelato shop on the main road is fabulous and the lady owner is lovely.
- I can't put all the good stuff to do in Ischia in one review. Go there and do it all! But do book a tour as well - we did one with Silvana to tour the island and a cooking course - fantastic!!!
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
It was all we had hoped for and MORE
May 2017 - It was all we had hoped for and MORE. The heated thermal swimming pool was great and helped ease the arthritis several of us have. The grounds were beautiful, the villa was fully stocked with towels, blankets, kitchen goods, etc. The view down to the beach was very nice and there were 3 large seating areas, each with a large table and many chairs, for relaxing. Bathrooms are modern; nothing was outdated on the premises. Villa Alisea is a wonderful getaway spot!!
Alessandra, the owner, is a very pleasant and welcoming person. Her staff of 3 were helpful, but non-intrusive. I can't think of any needed improvements. We already recommended (and showed) her villa.
- Many nearby shops and grocery stores, close bus stops, nice restaurants.
- 5 of us hired a per hour taxi and driver, Claudio, for what we planned to be a 3 hour tour. His rate was 30 euro per hour for up to 6 passengers. He took us every where from top to bottom and the sights were fantastic. We had coffee way up high, a nice meal at Restaurant Sole, tasty gelato. We ended up for 7 hours with Claudio and it only cost us 45 euro each (including a tip) for his services.
- The only downside was the steep walk up and down from the villa to the street level...
Berkeley Heights, NJ
We loved every second of our stay!
July 2016 - We loved every second of our stay at Villa Alisea. Clean, amazing location and beautiful home.
Thank you for providing us the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable summer vacation with our entire family. We can't wait to come back to Ischia!
We have nothing but good things to say about Summer In Italy. I was definitely skeptical when I booked this home but you went above and beyond to answer any and all questions. Great customer service!
- Take the short cut to the beach through Hotel Sorriso. There is a cliffside staircase that leads you down to beach. About a 15 minute walk down... Maybe a little longer to come up.
Newtown Square, PA
July 2014 - As 12 young adults staying in this home, we could not have been happier.
It was a beautiful villa, with an even better view! We especially loved all of the outdoor space and hardly sat inside at all. The pool and sauna were absolutely perfect after a day past exploring the island.
- We had everything we needed right there and particularly enjoyed the cafe and restaurant at the top of the hill.
- There is a significant walk to/from the villa from/to the street. We were fine as a group of young/fit adults, but this might not be best for everyone.
Pennellville, New York
April 2014 - Villa Alisea is a wonderful place to stay and the thermal pool was outstanding.
I have visited the island of Ischia 4 times and this is the best villa by far I have ever stayed at.
Certainly can use me as a reference for anybody who wants to stay there. Thanks again.
Enter dates to see price:
- SAFE ONLINE BOOKING
- Best price guarantee
- Payment protection
- Inspected property
- Verified owner